23 July 2005

A life more cinematic

In my life, visits to the cinema are like London buses – long gaps, then three come along at once.

Today I've been twice. First, in the early afternoon, to see the Dreamworks animation Madagascar with Cam and Dan (my stepdaughter's two boys of 9 and 5 years); that one was a spur of the moment arrangement. Then, this evening, with my partner Jan to see War of the Worlds (also Dreamworks). On Monday I have a prearranged appointment with Liam, my stepson's seven year old ... to see Madagascar.

I feel that I shall something to say about both films ... though very different, they are both worth thinking about and learning from. Since chance has dealt me an opportunity to review what I learnt in the first viewing of Madagascar at a second only two days later, I'll probably hold my tongue until after that.

No comments: