09 June 2007

Blogging for education

Impressed by the power of blogs to do so much more than just what it says on the tin, I've been using them for specific purposes over a couple of years now. One example here on Blogger.com is The PCET-ICT Bunch, which is the virtual baseroom/café for participants in a module under the University of Plymouth's PCET (Post Compulsory Education & Training) programme, "ICT for Teaching and Learning".

I've recently been started up a new one for Cambridge based publishing company Europa Science (for whom, to declare an interest, I also write articles and reviews). It's a pro bono project on Europa's (and my) part, intended to play a part in tackling the hæmmorrhage away from the sciences of enthusiasm among young people. These are early days, but there are already some interesting posts.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone, in education or in the scientific computing community, who is interested in contributing.

No comments: