27 July 2011

Return to the last waltz

I have now, as I two weeks ago said I would, watched Harry Potter and the deathly hallows part 2, the final film in the franchise, a second time. Having done all the whizzy stuff last time I went to a one o'clock in the afternoon, and watched it in normal 2D. My opinion of it has gone up considerably, as a result.

I still wouldn't rate it (as so many are doing) as the best in the series. Nevertheless: forget the book, go along for the ride, and it's a thoroughly good two hours' entertainment.

My favourite bit was probably the escape of the dragon from Gringotts. The animation of the dragons has always been a high point of these films, and to see this one stumble and stagger its way up out of the vault and into the sky was no exception.


  • David Yates (dir), Harry Potter and the deathly hallows: part 2. 2011, London: Heyday films.

No comments: